Effective March 31, 2011
Last Updated: October 13, 2011
Carlson Hotels Privacy Promises. Carlson Hotels ("Carlson Hotels") takes your privacy seriously. These are our ten promises to you:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we are collecting, how we will use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. When applicable, we will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We will collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Retention. We will keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, according to our data retention practices or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We will take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate. The accuracy of the information we have is sometimes dependent on the accuracy of the information that you or a third party provides us.
- Access. When applicable, we will provide ways for you to access your personal information as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We will take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Sharing. We will only share your personal information with third parties to the extent necessary to fulfill the services that the personal information was collected for.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer in accordance with the applicable law.
- Enforcement. We annually review our privacy and security policies and standards and take steps to improve or update processes, as needed.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, change your marketing preferences or issue a complaint, contact us at:
11340 Blondo St.
Omaha, NE 68164
By phone: +1 (888) 845-2233
By email: CCforBusiness@carlson.com
What this Policy Covers.
Our site may include links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Carlson Hotels. In some cases, when linking to another site you may still see our branding even though you are actually reviewing content provided by a third party. If you submit personal information while on those sites, your information is subject to their privacy policies and you should review those policies.
Your Consent to This Policy.
This Policy is part of the terms and conditions that govern your use of our services or the Business Program. By using our Web site, applying to join the Business Program or participating in the Business Program, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
Personal Information we collect about you.
We may collect your company’s name, address, telephone number(s), tax identification numbers, language preference, company email address, administrator name, administrator email address, information collected through Web technologies, and transactional information relating to reservations at Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, and Park Inn® ("Carlson Hotels").
We may enter into strategic relationships with companies outside of the Carlson Hotels (our "Strategic Partners") who offer products and services that may be of interest to you. If you participate in one of these programs, our Strategic Partner may send us personal information about you as part of our strategic relationship.
Web technologies we use to collect information about you.
When you visit one of our Web sites, we may use the following Web technologies to collect the following types of information:
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
- We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our Web sites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard disk by a Web server. We use "session cookies" to assign a randomly-generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our Web sites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. We use session cookies to support the functionality of our Web sites - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We may also use "persistent cookies." These cookies do not expire when you close your browser, but stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them. Each time you visit our Site, our Web server will recognize the cookie on your computer's hard drive. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. In situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, they can be provided by us automatically saving you time and effort. Assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier also helps us keep a more accurate account of how many people visit our Site, how often they return, how their use of our Site may vary over time, and the effectiveness of our promotional efforts. If you access this Site through an e-mail we have sent you or you've created a "user identity" during one of your visits, the information provided by our or our third party service provider cookies may be linked to information in our records that identifies you personally.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can identify and delete your child's personal information.
Use of your personal information.
We use your personal information:
- to provide the information, programs, products and service you request,
- process, calculate and assign points to you according to our Business Program terms and conditions,
- to send your promotional messages and special offers based on your privacy preferences
- for security and fraud prevention purposes,
- to improve the Business Program or our other programs, services and Web sites, and
- to better market our programs and services.
Choices you have about the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us, and you may change your privacy preferences at any time.
Your privacy preferences will be pre-set at our basic level, which states as follows:
- Yes, I would like to receive updates on news and special offers from Club Carlson and Carlson's hotel brands.
You will receive marketing communications and special offers from Carlson Hotels, the Business Program, the Club CarlsonSM program, as well as Carlson Hotels Brand hotels. You may change your privacy preferences at any time, by contacting us. We will update your privacy preferences within ten business days from receipt of the request.
If you choose not to receive any promotional communications from us, we will not send you purely promotional messages and will not share your personal information with other companies for marketing purposes. We may still contact you for customer research or administrative purposes, such as notifying you of the points you have received, informing you of your account status or inviting you to update your online profile. Your communication preferences for this Business Program are separate from your personal or other communication preferences for any other Carlson Hotels program or brand and any changes to your communication preferences for this Business Program will not affect your other communication preferences. If you wish to unsubscribe from promotional communications, please click unsubscribe in email or change your preferences in each respective account.
If you no longer wish to receive administrative communications from us, you will need to contact us to close your accounts with us.
If you choose to provide us with a secondary email address we will only use the information provided to contact another individual within your company in the event that you are no longer able to administer your account. If your secondary contact would like to request their email address be removed from our data base they may contact us at CCforBusiness@carlson.com.
Sharing of your information with others.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We share your personal information with strategic partners and or service providers to provide the information, products and services that you have requested or to personalize your experience.
- We share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, such as companies providing application management, marketing support, and technical infrastructure support.
Our service providers, strategic partners, and others performing services on our behalf are bound by contract to use the personal information we share with them only for the limited purposes for which we provide it to them and to take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. They may not use or share your personal information in a manner that would be inconsistent with our promises to you, and they must comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We may transfer your personal information to another entity that has acquired the stock or substantially all of the assets of Carlson Hotels, a member of the Carlson Family of Businesses, or one of its or their operating divisions, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, or reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring entity's use of your personal information will still be subject to this Policy.
There are other limited circumstances in which we may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties, including for example, when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with a law, regulatory requirement, court order, or a subpoena; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identify theft; to protect legal rights, property or safety of you, Carlson Hotels, other companies in the Carlson Family of Businesses, our employees, agents, other guests, or the public in general.
Protection of your personal information.
We implement appropriate physical, technical and organizational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and all other unlawful forms of processing.
Access to your personal information.
You may update, delete or correct your key account information at any time by visiting your online profile or by contacting us. If you have additional questions, please contact us. When contacting us, you may be asked to verify your identity. We will reply within 30 days and, in any event, within the time period established under applicable laws. We may limit or deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity, if it involves the disclosure of confidential or sensitive information or is otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Transfer of your personal information outside this country.
Our Web site and databases currently reside on servers in the United States but we may at times use supplemental facilities located outside of these countries. Different countries have different data protection laws, some of which provide more protection than others. If and when we transfer your personal information from one country to another country, we take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. By using our Web site, or participating in this Business Program, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to any country in the world in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Modifications to this Policy.
This Policy may be supplemented or amended by privacy notices ("Privacy Notices") provided at the time we collect specific personal information. In addition, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to this Policy at any time. The level of notice we will provide when we change this Policy will depend on the nature of the change.
If we make only minor changes to this Policy, we will replace this Policy with the new Policy and change the "effective" date or the "last updated" date at the top of this Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date. Minor changes include, for example, changes to our contact information or the examples contained in a section of this Policy.
By continuing to use our Web site or participate in this Business Program following such notice, you are agreeing to any changes to this Policy. If you do not agree to any changes in our Policy, you must notify us to close your account with us.
How to contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy practices.
You may contact us by writing us at:
11340 Blondo St.
Omaha, NE 68164
By phone: +1 (888) 845-2233
By email: CCforBusiness@carlson.com
Carlson Hotels complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland respectively. Information regarding the both the E.U. and Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks can be found at : http://export.gov/safeharbor.